Arup is pleased to announce the appointment of Andrew Burrows as their Oil and Gas Business Leader for Australasia.
In this pivotal position, Andrew will be responsible for growing Arup’s existing presence in onshore and offshore oil and gas developments across Australia and South East Asia. He will also be working closely with Arup’s global oil and gas centres in Houston and London.
Andrew brings over 35 years of global oil and gas experience with major international operators and engineering management and consultancy corporations across many regions. He has worked in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, North and South America, the Middle East, South East Asia and Africa.
Working with oil and gas operators, consultants and contractors, Andrew’s field of operations has included project management, front end engineering, project execution, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance. In particular, Andrew has over 15 years experience in the development of Western Australia’s LNG projects, and he has based himself in Perth since the early 1980s.
Some of the key projects in Andrew’s impressive résumé include:
- Inpex/Total, Ichthys Development, Western Australia
- Apache Energy Ltd, Julimar and Brunello Field Development, Western Australia
- Callon Petroleum, Entrada Field Development, Gulf of Mexico
- Repsol, Argentina Aurora Field Development, Gulf of San Jorge
- Chevron Nigeria Limited, Olokola Gas Supply Project, Nigeria
- Forest Oil-Petro SA, Ibhubesi Field Development Offshore, South Africa
- Norsk Hydro-Telemark Field Development, Atwater Valley, Gulf of Mexico
- Woodside, Karratha Gas Plant Stabilisation Capacity Restoration, Western Australia
- WA Oil Ltd (Woodside), Wanaea/Cossack Development, Western Australia
- Woodside, Northwest Shelf Project, Karratha, Western Australia.
Andrew also possesses some fascinating deep water experience, in depths up to 3000m, a rare commodity in Western Australian professional circles.
“This appointment demonstrates Arup’s commitment to our clients in the oil and gas market, building on our existing track record and reputation in both offshore and onshore project developments," said Paul Wallis, Energy Business Leader for Australasia.
"We are justifiably proud of our reputation and experience, particularly our ability to offer integrated skills through one of the region’s leading offshore geotechnical teams, together with our strong capability in maritime and offshore structural engineering, and all aspects of onshore projects.
"We are very pleased to be able to offer our clients someone of Andrew’s stature, providing a holistic oil and gas offering as a key part of our existing Energy business which is focussed on Power Generation and Distribution, Oil and Gas, and Energy Consulting,” finished Mr Wallis.